It's Jackfruit Day for us at home, Sathees climbed up the jackfruit tree to retrieve two nicely ripened jackfruits. These are quite different from the ones in Singapore, the Sri Lankan jackfruits are smaller in size, very soft in texture, but very sweet - sort of like "melt in your mouth". 
I usually add this to the strawberry yoghurt & ice for a nice refreshing smoothie. Sathees and I both agree that the jackfruit strawberry smoothie tastes better than eating the fruit by itself.
I still have about 40 mangoes in the box that were plucked a couple of days ago. I will have to cut and freeze them. I was told that I could only expect the next harvest about four months later.
I have certainly eaten more fruits here in Sri Lanka, as compared to Australia and Singapore. Fruits like pineapple, orange, papaya, watermelon, banana, jackfruit, mango are easily grown here.
Cranky Dorkfest 2026 RSVPs are Now Open!
19 hours ago
1 comment:
thought the picture was great, even though it was from a camera
Post a Comment