Rasika went for his job interview yesterday and he got the job! Alan & I recommended him to our favourite restaurant in Negombo, and we found out that the current chef would be leaving for Dubai, for greener pasture. So, we checked with the owner and we gave our personal recommendation and testimonial of Rasika's work.
So, he started work today. I was surprised that he agreed to start work the next day, which meant that I would be stuck packing the house on my own. :(
I would have to add that Rasika has been really good and trouble-free for us. We had no issues with him, in fact only praises for his work around the house, and the great food he cooked for us. We are happy that the owner is paying him well, including tips and service charge. And, Rasika is heading the kitchen and will be calling the shot when the current chef leaves.
That's really something for a 19-year old, who started work with us with no experience in the kitchen or working around the house. And it was his positive attitude that has paved the way for the success he's enjoying today, and all the greater things to come in his life. We know Rasika will excel.
Rasika: I know you will read this someday... Thanks for taking care of us and Bodhi, and we wish you the very best in your new job. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment