Friday, 27 January 2006




Just bought us a new 8-megapixel Olympus E500 dSLR. I have been checking and rechecking over the last 6 months, and was very firm with our decision for a Canon 350D actually.

However, I went to Cathay Photo (3rd time since returning back to Singapore) and the salesperson Vincent told me that the Olympus E500 has been getting really good reviews; but most importantly, the Olympus' proprietary sensor-cleaning technology is probably the WOW factor for this camera that most customers are going for. As we are in Sri Lanka, dust and humidity are our main concerns and so, the senor-cleaning technology for the CCD will suit our purpose well.

So, all the research on the Canon 350D have sort of go to waste. Well, so long as we have purchased a good set. I have just checked on cNet and found that Olympus E500 is typically in the same category as Nikon D50 and Canon 350D. You can read the review for Olympus E500 at http://reviews.cnet.com/Olympus_Evolt_E_500_body_only/4505-6501_7-31517843-2.html?tag=sub

I can now post nicer pictures from the camera rather than from my 640x480 camera phone.

No comments: