Wednesday, 2 August 2006

Making a stack of pancakes from the recipe so kindly shared by A.P. in Ottawa, since then I have always been able to make pancakes the way they should turn out. Thanks Andrew!

My sister's kids love having pancakes in the morning for breakfast. I am too lazy to get up at 5.30am to make those, and so I have prepared them the day before and Sis would heat the pancakes in the microwave. Not the best way to enjoy, but it is convenient, hassle-free and a great time-saver.

Having pancakes for breakfast is not a common thing in our Chinese culture, thus I have struggled with the right mix and the right ingredients. I must say that it has become an easy meal to prepare for breakfast. Even Raja, the houseboy, automatically makes pancakes for us on every Saturday morning. He has done well with the mix and also controlling the flame.

Two things missing in Sri Lanka are: good quality flour and a non-stick pan. I intend to get a good non-stick pan from Singapore before I go back. Raja would be pleased with that. LOL

No comments: