After a few unsuccessful attempts to visit Fawas and his family, I was feeling heaps better today so I made it a point to visit his family. Fawas' mother was roasting coffee beans (pictures top left) when I arrived, she added cardamons, dried ginger, and dahl and the flavour was excellent. I had a cup of coffee and it was really nice. I couldn't help but asked Fawas to snap a picture of me and his Mum.
Bottom left is a picture of Fawas, his sister and Mum, loved the picture... it is one of my favourites. And, of course, Fawas in his store full of spices (bottom right) - I am now addressing him as the "Spice Boy". LOL
Fawas and his family have been extremely generous, his Mum made Watalapun and Archak for us the other day. And she is going to make mawfish, onions and chillis for me to bring back for my Mum. And she is going to add coffee beans as part of my take-home items too.
I am so glad that they have enjoyed the satays that I have brought over for them, what better way to introduce them to the Singapore food than to use the spices that I have been buying from them and to make something nice.
Cranky Dorkfest 2026 RSVPs are Now Open!
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment