Wednesday, 14 February 2007

Finally my first bus journey in Sri Lanka...
I was at Seeduwa, near to the airport, and was taking a stroll in the hot sunny afternoon to nowhere. I decided there were nothing to shop or see in this area (and heat), so I finally took a bus. Took me an hour to hop on one, I was playing my own mindgame - to take, not to take, to take, not to take...
Most of the buses were packed, and humid inside. Gave Rs50 to the conductor, and he gave me a ticket and Rs35 back as change. So, it is about USD 12 cents to travel about 8km. Oh... the bus travelled at 70km/hr and did not come to a complete stop - you have to learn to jump onto a moving bus. I was lucky (and special), the driver stopped for me to hop on.
It was a fun and interesting journey, I will probably make more of these journeys into Colombo. Hopefully, no bad experience like theft and such, which would definitely put me off travelling on buses.
As usual, got to say Hi to some fellow commuters.

No comments: