Tuesday, 6 March 2007

Cathay Pacific

I had such a wonderful experience flying with CX for CMB-SIN-CMB.

Right from making the reservation at their office in Colombo, the General Manager was a really nice guy when I called him up to explain about the letter I have for the airticket. He acknowledged the letter, and transferred me to his ticketing staff to arrange the booking. I didn't have to explain myself again, as he had already communicated to his staff. To me, that was a good FIRST impression.

Then, when I was at the CX office in Colombo, I was again served well by other staff and Ms Myumi explained how and who I should call to have my tickets changed should I have a change in my travelling plan. Myumi went on to upsell, in a very non-assertive way, the promotions for February and March since she noted that I travelled quite a fair bit. I thought she was really good.

My flight from CMB-SIN on CX dated 15Feb was a great experience, the flight stewardess serving me was both attentive and prompt in her service. The 3.5 hours flight time didn't seem long at all, especially since I was flying overnight and arriving Singapore in the morning. I wrote a nice complement letter thanking her for the wonderful service.

As my elder sister needed to be hospitalised, I called CX office in Singapore to change my travelling plan. I was again given prompt and personalised service, he spoke very Singlish to me and made me feel so at ease. The changes was made and even though the ticket was fully flexible, I felt I have inconvenienced CX - as he was extremely courteous, efficient, and I was delighted by the service rendered.

On 5Mar when I was due to depart SIN-CMB, I was again truly impressed by the service delivery at the Check-in (Row 8 @ Changi Airport). CX Ambassador, Ms Liane Chia served me at the counter. I had 31.5kg of baggage to check in, she explained that she could only allow up to 25 kg, and 7 kg for ONE handcarry. A strict requirement for flights to Sri Lanka. She asked if I would like to remove some of the items and added that my Mom could bring them back, or I would like to pay the excess of $20 per additional kg. Her tone of voice was adequate and good, which otherwise I would have felt insulted. I explained that I would remove some of the items to meet the requirement.

Ms Liane Chia advised that I could repack at one corner, while she processed my check-in. A few minutes later and after repacking, I went back to Liane with 5 kg lighter but still at 26.5 kg. I explained to her that I was taking some of the CNY goodies back to Sri Lanka for my local friends and kids, and Liane made exception for me. She didn't have to, but she did and that's why I felt touched and truly special.

Liane ran further on the extra mile for me again, she asked me to add items to my handcarry which was only 4.5kg, so that I could fully utilise my handcarry allowance. So, in the end, I had all my items brought to Sri Lanka - because I had a really kind and understanding CX Ambassador (Ms Liane Chia). Thank you so much, Liane!

Onboard SIN-CMB, my flight stewardess Ms Joey reaffirmed CX excellent service level. I was again impressed by the service delivery, and I asked for Ms Diana - the Inflight Manager, to give me a customer survey, there were several questions - and I took the entire flight time to fill it up as truly as I possible could. It wasn't enough, I asked for a Compliment Feedback Form to thank Ms Joey and Ms Liane Chia for making today a very special one.


Meal service (dinner) onboard CX711, SIN-CMB on 5 March 2007.


No comments: