Friday, 16 March 2007

No, we didn't expect such a downpour...
It was like we didn't have a roof above our head, the rainwater just kept coming non-stop... we saved whatever we could and we channelled the flow towards the doors as much as we could.
The next morning, I climbed up to the rooftop and found all these tiles broken, gutters were full of leaves and broken rooftiles.
It was a nightmare for us, but Alan and I started sharing our childhood experiences. It was about 30 years ago when I stayed at Jalan Towgay attap house with corrugated roof sheets, we would have buckets under bigger seeping holes. The smaller seeping holes would have waters dripped onto a piece of cloth.
Anyway, we were lucky that it didn't rain through the night. We managed to get our stuff on tables and chairs, we then scrapped the water out, went on our knees with towels to push the water out...
We were just simply in no mood to continue watching the American Idol. Oh well, at least our personal effects were quite all right, thankfully.

No comments: