
After countless attempts to grow corriander from the plants I bought at the market, I tried to grow them from seeds I bought from Fawas - the Spice Boy. It took about 3 weeks to get the first corriander leave to sprout, luckily they survived even without Sathees caring for them when we were away.

I am still not sure if the aubergine is ready to be picked, this is the first of its kind we have in our garden, and I am not sure if it would turn purple or orange or yellow in colour when it is harvest time. The sad thing is, this is the only aubergine we have in all the six plants we have. I probably should keep it on the plant for as long as it doesn't wither.

Finally, a Thai Kaffir plant which I can use to cook Tom Kha Gai and many other wonderful dishes. The very obvious difference between this and what I have now in the garden is that the smaller piece of the same leaf is somewhat similar in size. The Kaffir leaves is one of the essential elements in Thai cooking.
Just a tip: Add two of these aromatic kaffir lime leaves to your dried sambal prawns paste (Hay Bee Hiang) and it enhances the taste and flavour.
No comments:
Post a Comment