
My 37th Birthday, and Alan was all out to pamper me. I wanted to go to Colombo for a nice dinner, but changed my mind at the eleventh hour (literally). The journey to and fro would have easily taken up 3-4 hours' drive. I insisted that Milton would take us there so that Alan need not stress about not taking too much alcohol or the crazy traffic that we would have to deal with.
Thus, I opted for The Beach Hotel and at their fine-dining restaurant, Black Coral. The ambience was without a doubt different from The Sands. We were the only patrons, and it would have looked as if Alan had booked the entire restaurant for me. LOL.
We were given top-notch service by our waiters, Mr Chandika (above) and Mr Niroshan. They were both professional, and were obvious that they have worked there for a while. Cannot fault their service, I was truly delighted right the moment we stepped up to the lobby.
Chef Janaka, Sanjeewa the F&B Manager, and G.M. Ma'am Hyacinth all wished me upon finding out from Alan that it was my birthday. It was truly nice, and that's why we have consistently gone back to The Beach Hotel.

The service throughout was just fabulous, and we were treated like royalties. And I was further delighted with the birthday music, the birthday cake and more well wishes from the staff at Black Coral Restaurant. I was impressed with how Chef Janaka got the whole thing together in such a short span of time.
That's me with the cake so kindly offered by Chef Janaka and the Black Coral Restaurant, and Chandika helped us to snap a photo of me cutting the cake (below). Thanks so much, everyone at Black Coral. It made my evening very memoralbe and special.
After the dinner, we joined Norman and the boys for a drink. I was glad to see so many of them there for a drink, especially on a weekday evening. Thanks so much guys, you have made this day truly special for me. 
No comments:
Post a Comment