Friday, 12 October 2007


I made a trip back home to see my elder sister, Irene... her medical condition has only gotten worst and at a fast pace from when I last saw her during Chinese New Year.

It wasn't the best reason to go home and I was not looking forward to the trip. But I was glad to have gone home and to have seen Irene's current condition myself.
Irene is 98% speech-impaired, and the only two words I heard from her were "Alan" when I first showed her pictures of Alan on my mobile phone; and "Hello" when I put her on the phone with Alan. She could only said once, and I suspect it was her sub-conscious mind that triggered her speech.

Irene is also unable to exercise her facial expressions freely, she has done it only a couple of times when I visited. She used to cry with facial expression but she only shed tears now. Mum has also indicated that Irene has insomnia, and hardly sleeps these days.
My sister is also very proned to falling, there were several bruises on her elbows. She lacked 'balance' when she stood up, even from sitting-on-the-chair position. Given a piece of paper, she would continuously scratch non-stop and would not have much attention for anything else, until the paper was taken away from her.
These are some of the pictures taken together with her and Mom.
(Below) A picture taken by my elder sister, Irene.

No comments: