Was getting a bit bored with paan (bread) almost everyday, so I cooked Rasika & myself porridge with leftover rice and the otak-otak that I felt was the best I had ever done. So here's the recipe for the otak-otak which I have tweaked a bit:
Ingredients
2 small onions
1 tsp belacan
2 stalks lemon grass (white part only)
8 bird eye chillies (seeds removed)
8 kaffir leaves
1/2 tsp galangal powder (fresh is best)
1/2 tsp turmeric (fresh is best)
1/2 tsp turmeric (fresh is best)
3 tbp sugar
500 g fish meat (minced)
1 egg
180 ml coconut cream
salt to taste
1 candlenut (mashed or powder)1/2 tbsp cornflour
banana leaves or coconut fronds for wrapping.
Method:
Add first 8 items to blender to form a liquid, best if kaffir lime leaves, galangal, turmeric, & lemongrass are cut to smaller pieces first.
Next, mince fish meat and then add to liquid to mix thoroughly.
Add egg to the mixture, coconut cream to follow.
Mix in mashed candlenut to the mixture (this adds a nutty flavour & was missing from my earlier recipe)
Lastly, add cornflour to the paste before wrapping them in banana leaves, or coconut fronds.
No comments:
Post a Comment