Wednesday, 2 April 2008

Day 64 --> Part ONE
Yes, Bodhi has finally given birth to her first litter... she started the first pup at 5pm on 1 April 2008. No joke, I have pictures to prove that.
Her first pup 'ploup-ed' out in the back garden, just beneath the lemongrass.
I guess she must be shocked, as she came back into the laundry room (her area) looking worried. Luckily, Rasika found the first pup (very healthy) & brought the 1st male pup to be with her.

So, all the work stopped. We were preparing satays during that time... and Rasika & I moved straight into 'midwifey' duties, from 5pm to 10pm and still going...

Bodhi looked a lot more calm after the 3rd pup, most pups were about 15-30 mins apart. The last few pups were about an hour between each delivery.

(Below) First 4 pups born in the first hour at 5ish.

OK... I have a video of Bodhi delivering her 6th pups...

Caution: Graphic material below.

No comments: