Wednesday, 4 June 2008

At the moment, I have a few bunches of pandanus amaryllifolius in our vegetable garden. I haven't used them much in my recipe, as I have the concentrated version in my fridge, which I bought from Singapore more than a year ago. I actually prefer using the concentrated version, as it has better aroma, flavour and colour.
So today, I attempted my first Pandan Chicken dish with Rasika. After doing some research on the available recipes, I decided on making my own marinate. The usual: soya sauce, salt, pepper, sesame oil. I want to accentuate the natural pandan flavour, which I know upon frying, will be pretty good.
Well, I can't say that I am very happy with the result. The chicken meat was dry, after frying; the flavour was ok but still not to my expectations. What I would have done differently next time:
- use chicken thigh, instead of breast
- use cornflour in my marinate
- after frying, perhaps use bamboo basket to steam it (??)
All right, till my next attempt at this again...

No comments: