Wow... it was like striking a lottery. We were their first paying customer, there were so many VIP guests invited to their Opening day.
How strange that was, & I would have personally thought it was auspicious... that the first day of business and they had 2 customers (from Singapore & Australia) walking in from nowhere to patronise their restaurant. Unfortunately, we were not treated as VIPs, and in fact no one came to talk to us as the owner couldn't speak English, nor their staff.
Then, to my horror, I saw the menu with Chinese character written upside down. To make matter worst, the menu was in English and Chinese BUT the alpha-numeric ordering references did not match at all.
Alan and I thought it would be nice to advise the owner, but he was not interested at all. It was ok for us, we know we will never be back.
We actually saw Kuma Restaurant having a billboard at a T-junction further up the road, with the same Chinese character written upside down. Tragic...
No comments:
Post a Comment