Tuesday, 19 August 2008

I noticed that I haven't posted anything about food which I sometimes would buy from here in my neighbourhood during one of those lazy days, which happens at least once a week. Anyway, there's not too many places to buy take-away. I would only buy from Ansar Hotel which is basically a coffee-shop kind of place. There is no lodging facilities, so I have no idea why 80% of the restaurants would use the term "Hotel".
In any case, Fried Rice or Noodle would just about the only thing I'd consider buying in my neigbourhood. And only from Ansar, as I know them very well and they are definitely the most hygienic place around. All the cooks know me, and what my preferences are. So, there's no room for errors.
A packet of fried rice/noodle is Rs 220 (USD 2) - with a quarter of a fried chicken added as part of the ingredients. The portion size would easily allow me to feed 4 pax, that's just how huge a packet it is. To serve, I would usually add fried shallots & lots of peanuts & sometimes chilli ketchup, etc. Kind of remind me what I used to have for breakfast in Singapore. :)

No comments: