1 April 2009
It was this time last year that Bodhi gave birth, it was really heartbreaking for us to see her through her pregnancy. She went from a healthy 48kg to a very pregnant 60 kg. Not only was the 64 days seemed somewhat endless, the hormonal change in her, the personality, the mood, the appetite. Not trying to compare human & dog, but all mothers have my utmost respect for going through pregnancy.
Bodhi & one of her puppies, Frieda now lives together, with Brigitte & her family.
Alan & I wanted to keep Frieda, as Bodhi's companion. But we were only afraid that we might have to leave Sri Lanka one day, and I knew I could not handle having 2 beloved ones being adopted, & especially not knowing the new owner. But Brigitte came along, & we knew Frieda would be loved dearly.
I was thankful that Brigitte mentioned that she was happy to adopt Bodhi if we were unable to take her with us when we leave the country. That gesture from Brigitte was the most precious & most generous one I could ever ask for. So, when Alan & I had to return to TINY Singapore, Brigitte was the first person on my mind I could safely leave Bodhi with... & because Frieda & Bodhi spent most time together, before Frieda was adopted.
FYI: Frieda was nicknamed Lang Mui (Cantonese for Pretty Girl) by Alan.
She was always there for me & I know she'll be there to protect & respect Hendrik & his family. Missing you Bodhi :(
My blood brother Gayan has Leesa, she is thoroughly pampered & has the luxury of wandering around, even inside the house. Yes, that's how much Gayan loves her. No, that's not just how much Gayan loved his daughter, Leesa. He has taken Leesa on a holiday, because it is her birthday!! Now, who wants to be adopted into Gayan's family?I noticed that Leesa has the shiniest, most silky fur of all Bodhi's pups. Perhaps she has been so well-loved & well taken care of by Gayan.
In fact, truth be told... Before Leesa was adopted by Gayan, she spent a lot of time with me in my office, sleeping in a wired basket full of towels. And truth be told again, Bodhi was allowed in my office too... I know I said NO. But she was hard to say NO to, she knew I wanted her company. LoL
Bravo is the only male puppy from Bodhi that I have managed to keep in contact with the owner, Mr Wickrama & his family.
(below) another adorable picture of Bravo. He's grown big & strong... In fact, he is bigger than his daddy. He was the biggest of the litter, & naturally was picked & adopted first.
(below) another adorable picture of Bravo. He's grown big & strong... In fact, he is bigger than his daddy. He was the biggest of the litter, & naturally was picked & adopted first.
Ok now... let me please introduce you to Ümi (below)


Ümi was special for us too, her nickname was Commando. She was highly intelligent & the first to break away from the pack. She cleared all obstacles before any of the puppies, and in fact, a true leader.
Sorry, I made it very clear right from the beginning that I would not give away Bodhi's puppies for nothing even for good friends... so it was hard to accept the money from Shiwantha, but I did...as with all Bodhi's puppies.







No comments:
Post a Comment