
Alan & I had the great pleasure of hosting our first guests here at our new home in Singapore. Please meet Garrett
(right) & James
(left), from Ireland & the U.K., respectively. It was their first time being hosted on Couchsurfing.com...

We went to the Long Bar, at Raffles Hotel for drinks. We did not order the Singapore Sling though but had 2 jugs of beer and lots & lots of peanuts. My jaws hurt when we left the place, yes... from all the peanuts I had. In the picture above, James holding on to the traditional style fan while I was holding a peanut & beer - all pretty much a trademark that you can expect at the Long Bar.

Kalal, our waiter from the Long Bar was great.

Garrett & James were just such fantastic guests, they were so respectful of our place & privacy and very considerate. Their first afternoon nap (after arriving at our place) was in the guestroom, without air-con, without fan, & with windows shut & with bucket of perspiration... & they still put on a huge smile. Did I mention how respectful they were? Yes, that much... that they would not do a thing without first asking for permission. Unbelieveably awesome guys.
It was absolutely fabulous having Garrett & James at our place, and I can't wait to see them again soon. All the best in your onward journey & keep in touch, always.
No comments:
Post a Comment