Friday, 19 June 2009

Finally, the wait is over! :)
Chi & I have been corresponding since 7 April 2009, and we finally met here in Singapore on 18 June. I coordinated my KUL-SIN flight such that I would actually be able to meet them in the transit area. That was so cool.
Chi & Kung are from Taiwan, and through couchsurfing.com Chi contacted me asking about the possible itineraries that he could plan into his trip. We chatted almost everyday on MSN, constantly updating the Must-Do, Must-See, Must-Try. And, we have 'grown' to know each other better. Chi & I communicated in different written languages, he would type in Traditional Chinese while I type in English. And, both of us read our 2nd Languages pretty OK... When we meet, we converse in Chinese.
That's Chi, Kung (middle), and I posing at the recently restored Merlion with Fullerton Hotel in the background.
They brought us a gift (below), which I was actually quite embarrassed. I have not been doing the 'gift thing' but most of my couchsurfers have. More embarrassed with Chi & Kung as I didn't even host them at our place, they have already booked their hotel before I could offer them.
Love the pair of exquisite tea cups very much, I have been making so many pots of 8-Treasures tea & drinking from these cups. Thank you so much, Chi & Kung... :)

No comments: