Alan & I were went to Sydney from 6-14 Sept; almost immediately after our Bangkok trip. Alan slept barely 4 hours at home before boarding SQ flight. My flight was another 12 hours, so did a bit of housework, taking care of the garden, etc.
As Alan was going to be busy with his work, I wasn't planning on tagging along. But there was an important event that I couldn't miss. Mum's 60th! I missed her 50th party, as Alan & I just knew each other then. So, I wasn't going to miss her 60th. Alan thought it would be a nice surprise for Mum, so I didn't update or broadcast about my visit.
I caught up with Mim, a dear friend that I will never fail to meet each time I visit Sydney. Also, another special pal, Omer. Strangely, we have constantly kept in touch after I left work in Australia. After all these years, I must say this friendship is unique.
Another surprise though, I called Chos - an old friend from Adelaide who relocated to Melbourne for many years. Couldn't believe he had just relocated again to Sydney, only a week ago. So, we met up for a drink & another day for a meal. It was good to see Chos.
As I got myself a Prepaid SIM from http://www.three.com.au/, I got to chat almost everyday with Matt. Three Network would have to be the best at the moment, I must say. Value & flexibility of the credit usage. I was able to surf the Internet & update Facebook at a touch of a button.

I think watching Alan on TV (Seven Network, Sunrise) was also like the coolest thing. I snapped a picture & posted it on Facebook too. He was promoting the event on the morning TV show, LIVE at the venue. Really cool.
We stayed at The Sebel Pier One, in Sydney. It was just a stone's throw from Alan's old workplace down at The Rocks. Wow... it has been a while.Now, I couldn't wait to catch up with our families & friends. I miss everyone very much, especially Mary. There is something about Mary. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment