At the Negombo Seafood Market, I have always bought from this lady. Cleanliness and hygiene wise, her stall would easily get a Grade B (sorry, Singapore ratings system) and that is also the reason why I have always bought my seafood from her and only her.
Today, I bought 15 tiger prawns (about 21 cm each) for US$8. From her smile, I know that I have made her day. I know some of you think that she smiled because she has ketoked (ripped off) me.
We have this understanding after 3rd purchase... what happened was we bartered the price (as usual) and she was even prepared to sell me below the price which I know she would have only made a marginal profit. I can see that she cherished me as a valued customer and so I gave her another Rs100. In total, I paid Rs300 + Rs100.
And since then, she tells me the price and I would buy them at the price she indicated. It's a win-win situation. She profits from the sale, and I don't get ketok-ed. We have the best relationship ever...
It's the chemistry we have nurtured... I now feel incapacitated to barter with her, she is such a nice and kind-hearted lady. I would say the same thing on her behalf, I am such a nice fella that she would feel guilty ripping me off.
Well, my buying behaviour is such that if you rip me off once, I would never even consider buying from that same person anymore. I wonder who would.
{plate-by-plate} Oriole – Chicago
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment