Rossie (pictured in the middle) has recovered from her fall and has rejoined her family and friends this morning.
I have fed her some seeds and water before taking her out to the garden for some exercises. She could hang on to branches with her beak and feet, she definitely looked more energetic and alive when she was on the branches of the mango tree at the front gate. Though she was still quite weak from her fall a few days back when I found her, I guess she felt that she was ready to go.
It was both sadness and joy for me when she flew away, her first flight after the injury was about 40 metres and was happily acknowledged by other rose-ringed parakeets who joined her at the same tree. She kept turning her head to see me, then I called out to her... waved at her... she was there for a good 15 minutes before flying away with the rest. I am glad that she is now with family and friends... 
Cranky Dorkfest 2026 RSVPs are Now Open!
19 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment