Monday, 12 March 2007

Hansa Ceylon Coffee

Went all the way into Colombo to buy these specialty coffee varieties. There are so many brands of tea in Sri Lanka, but only a few local coffee brands. Hansa Ceylon Coffee definitely roasts the finest coffee beans and truly dedicates to the sustainable renaissance of gourmet Sri Lanka coffee, from the Forest Gardens of Sri Lanka.

I applaud Hansa Ceylon Coffee for their commitment and company's mission, as they encourage their farmers to look after and enrich the biodiversity of plants and creatures in their forest gardens. Also, Hansa Ceylon Coffee improve the income of their coffee growers by dealing directly with them. A win-win situation for both the growers and Hansa. I must say Shaniya and Lawrence have done well for Hansa Ceylon Coffee.

Of the 5 blends from Hansa, I have bought these to sample:
House Blend: Mixture of Arabica and Robusta beans, medium roast and great for morning. Stronger than Gold Blend (which is the only type I didn't buy)
Pure Arabica: Arabica beans with a chocolatey overtones, medium roast, refreshing and smooth coffee with no unpleasant aftertaste.
Dark Arabica: Arabica beans with rich-tasting darker roast and suitable for evening
Espresso: Arabica beans with the darkest roast, ideal for those who prefer their coffee very dark (like us). Suitable for cappuccinos and lattes, as Espresso blend makes a lovely crema.

No comments: