Kueh Lapis, which was given by my sister-in-law Julie, when we went back to Singapore for Chinese New Year. Julie's aunt baked and sold them for SGD 48 per piece (20cm x 20cm). It takes time and painstaking efforts to make them. They tasted so good, especially the ones with prunes. Julie knows that Alan really enjoyed them, I remembered to bring it back this time. I pasted notes everywhere to remind myself to take them before I left Singapore.
Just for your info, a 20cm x 20cm kueh lapis uses 20 egg yolks, heaps of butter and sugar, 6-8 egg whites, etc... Good to know so that I (WE) don't over-indulge. I have put on 600 grams during these 3 weeks in Singapore, was 65.6kg before I left Sri Lanka.
Seriously, the Kueh Lapis tastes so good that you just wouldn't want to stop. At least not for Alan and myself. I am tempted to try and make one myself, am I determined enough?
No comments:
Post a Comment