Wednesday, 28 March 2007

Together with Alan, we went to the first-ever Tea Sommelier Competition in Asia at the Hilton Colombo. The event was an eye-opener, but the most rewarding item was the company I had that evening. I finally met Jeff, whom Alan had the pleasure of knowing him while travelling back from Singapore during Chinese New Year. Jeff was such a really nice guy, easy to talk to, and he was everything Alan had described him to be, and perhaps more. A real honour to have met and known him.
Well, back to the Tea Sommelier event... The hot favourite and the only lady won the competition - from Sri Lanka. Heartfelt congratulations to Ms Adhikari! The runner-up was Mr Debenbra from Male, I had the great pleasure of meeting him before the competition and was delighted to have a group picture taken with him. Well done mate!

No comments: