Thursday, 5 April 2007

May I say this again, I am not the right person to tell you what is the name or type of fish this it but I know it steamed well, and perhaps deep-fried very well too. Anyway, bought this from the seafood market (3 for abt USD 3.50, about 50cm long from head to its tail).
Sathees was laughing at me, like he did with the other fish that I bought from the market saying that he would pay me to buy the fish, instead of eating. The previous week, he explained that there were too many tiny fish bones in that variety I bought. Then, this week he felt sorry for me and politely told me that this meat on this fish (above) was tasteless.
Well, I proved Sathees wrong. Alan loved the fish that he almost ate it all, I asked him to keep some for Sathees to sample. I personally prefer the steaming method for most types of fish as it is healthy and almost oil-free. The ingredients/seasoning was from Mom, when I was in Singapore for Chinese New Year. Try the seasoning and let me know if you like it, it may not necessary work on all types of fish.
Seasoning:
3 tbsp oyster sauce
2 bird's eye chillies
1 tbsp fermented beans
1 tsp fried chilli bean paste
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
pinch of pepper
I have used ginger, leeks, and jalepeno on and in the fish when steaming. Coriander as garnish just before serving.
Good luck!

No comments: