Friday, 31 August 2007

Meet Basie!


This morning the crows were making heaps of noise in the garden, and I went out to check out what was going on... and there it was, a baby bat that was attacked by the crows. I panicked, what should I do? Should I treat it like Fusie? Or should I simply ignore it? But the crows would attack the poor little thing and it would be unfair. But I have never handled a bat before, and I don't think I like to have one in my house. :(

Anyway, I decided to nurse Basie for the ime being... at least till it is capable of flying. Perhaps in a couple days' time. I am pleased to say that Basie shares the same santuary as Fusie did... the basket, a banana and the bathtub in the guestroom.

FYI: Bodhi did not attack or bite Basie at all. Bodhi stood there and kept the crows away, while I went to grab my camera.

2 Sept 07 - Update:

Unfortunately, Basie did not make it through... :(

No comments: