Sunday, 11 November 2007

Sorry folks, I've been out of action for a while due to the electrical re-wiring work in the house and also the Internet was down for several days. Apparently, some technical people from the Telecom was stupid enough to run a parallel cable to a new subscriber in my area, using my telephone line. On calling the Telecom, they insisted that the line was ok and went on to suggest that my modem was (not may be) faulty, then they blamed it on the micro-filter, then they blamed it on the telephone wiring in my house, etc. Enough was enough, I called the Regional Engineer guy, he came with his laptop and couldn't get any signal as well. And eventually, they traced it back and found out the problem.

Anyway, I am back online and the electricity is almost back to normal. Don't ask.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to pro-rate your payment for the days when their cock-up deprived you of proper internet service.

- Tef