All of Bodhi's puppies have finally been sold.
A process that Alan & I would not want to put Bodhi through again, nor any other dog that we decide to have in future. It was both heartaching for us to see Bodhi going through her pregnancy, & the after-effects of what she had to go through after giving birth.

The first puppy was given to the owner who provided their dog for the stud service. They were so impressed with Bodhi (physically & her character & intelligence) that they wanted to breed on their own. Thus, they had chosen a female puppy. This puppy was taken in under 5 weeks, which we do not recommend, but the owner insisted. And, further insisted on rice & curry for the puppy. I was rather disappointed & sad, but I had to simply accept it & let it go.

Next, Shiwantha came with his family & they too wanted a female puppy. Initially, I thought they wanted a male & I had kept a really nice & strong male puppy for him. In any case, I have given Shiwantha's family one of our favourites we nicknamed her Commando, she was a leader of the pack & highly intelligent. We love her a lot, and so it was good to know that Shiwantha & his family will love her just as much. :)
Shiwantha's family named their new addition:
Ümi
The first male puppy was an easy pick, the biggest & pretty much oversized as compared to the rest. Bravo went home with Wickrama's family, he's lucky to have a big garden to roam around. :)

Kumar & his family (
above) came on Wickrama's recommendation, they too have picked up a male puppy. Unfortunately, we didn't have much time to chat with Kumar & his family as there was another buyer that came at the same time. (
Below)

No comments:
Post a Comment