
Finally... flowers from the passionfruit plants that we have in our garden.
It took about 12 months from seed-to-flower, and each plant could yield up to 7kg of passionfruits.

Look at the flower, it's unique and it actually blooms once and shuts the next day - what Rasika & I called the 'making baby' stage. We may be wrong, & I should research more on passionfruit. We haven't seen any of these flowers opening up the second day.

Unfortunately, I was greedy and had about 60 passionfruit plants, and they were too closely spaced. I have since removed many and left with a few plants in our vegetable garden. I could seriously (& easily) eat at least 10 passionfruits a day, like I could with mangoes. LoL

It was sheer joy watching these flowers, I can't wait to get my hands on our first home-grown passionfruit.

No comments:
Post a Comment