Acupuncture Day
I was feeling ok, nothing major... just that I came across a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) clinic & thought I should check with the Chinese Physician if he could do anything for me about my leg, or lower-back ache.
I was hoping for some Tui Na but I got acupuncture treatment instead. The poking was pretty ok, almost pain-free. But, it was the 'tuning' of the needles that gave me so much pain. I know that was supposed to let the 'chi' or the blood in the system going, but I really didn't enjoy that pain.
Picture below: I had five needles in my buttock & 2 needles in my left calf.
And, a heat-emitting lamp to ensure I got a nice hot bum... yea, you would think eh...

To be honest, I don't think I will go for it again. The effect is not as good as Tui Na, which the Chinese Physician indicated might have adverse effect. But I felt better after a painful Tui Na than a acupuncture treatment.
Comment, suggestion, words of wisdom... anyone?
1 comment:
I think Acupuncture in Singapore has different "grade", I believe in Acupuncture treatment for some ailment but would only go to reputable or at least trusted Chinese Physician through recommendation.
My friend strongly recommend a Chinese Physician located at Orchard, supposed fully cured his torn meniscus at both knee!!! I went and saw that he actually gives talk on acupuncture in Zurich etc... so should be good. I am currently treating my torn meniscus there, progress ok thus far. Will update you next time we meet... which we should!!
You guys have been here a while but somehow I always have some other things crop up to arrange for a meet up... I will sort out my schedule and arrange soonest!! ")
keith
Post a Comment