
A view from one of the tallest buildings in Singapore...
UOB Plaza, standing at 280 metres
(Singapore River on the bottom left)

The tallest hotel in Singapore
(top left), Swissôtel The Stamford, at 226 metres.
Our Uniquely Singapore....
Esplanade - Theatre on the Bay (bottom right)
These were taken from the restaurant on the 60
th floor at UOB Plaza.
What is unique about this place is that the Xiao Er (Waiter), with a long spout brass teapot, serves you the 8 treasures tea (八宝茶) in a gàiwǎn (盖碗). Not many restaurants do that these days, I think.

I read some of the blogs & was told that this place was good for their dim sum. To be honest, the food was only average.

The junior waitresses were good & prompt in their service, but the senior waitresses were disappointing & quite rude.

We got our fortune cookies at the end of the meal.
Guess what my lucky scroll said...
"You need not worry about your future"

The meal was only average, service was not very good. Almost SGD100 for 2 of us...
Would I return? Maybe not.
3 comments:
I bet it can't be worse than the Joo Chiat rip-off eating place.
Which place in Joo Chiat? Is it Wan Dou Sek?
Alan & I consider the one recommended by you guys at Fullerton BEST.
Hardly. It's the newly opened place that served, among other things, tim sum, duck rice, bak kut teh etc. Go ask VL.
Fullerton is more style than substance. Coming back to the place you've poo-poohed: If I'm able to offer a 60th storey view of the country, I won't care that much about food. After all, I don't need you to come and occupy my tables. I can get enough curious tourists myself.
Tim sums are largely hit or miss affairs these days. I'll stick to a buffet and let it slide. After all, you can't argue with a fixed price offering.
Post a Comment